Langton Green is the only institution of its kind in Maryland to be awarded Quality Assurances accreditation by the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL), a prestigious national organization that exceeds state and federal standards of care.
Langton Green is licensed by Maryland Department of Health, who provide approval for Langton Green to render services in Maryland through and with the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
Today, Langton Green, Inc. is an independent nonprofit that provide homes, support, and a wide variety of services to men and women with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Langton Green offers individuals a wide range of customized services and supports to encourage independence.
- The 13-acre Langton Green Community Farm in Millersville, Md. donates surplus food to nonprofits in need and is active in community partnerships with the Maryland Food Bank and the Lighthouse Shelter.
- Established in July 2014, Langton Green Community Farm’s mission is to provide meaningful work experience and opportunities for community engagement while producing sustainably grown produce for our homes, and for sale to the local community.
- The Langton Green Community Farm also serves as a focal point for arts activities, live musical performances, educational and vocational programming for the local county school system, goat yoga, Zumba sessions, and more fun, exciting and therapeutic events and activities developing all the time.
Langton Green offers customized services currently to 115 individuals in and around Anne Arundel County. Please call us to make an appointment to learn more about what we offer our residents and day-time folks. The services we offer include:
- Supporting people to live the lives they choose
- Vocational training in a variety of settings (maintenance crew, landscape crew, local businesses, Langton Green Community Farm – to name a few)
- Paid and volunteer job placement and coaching
- Warm community with social events and activities
- Highly skilled, certified, trained staff and directors
Examples of these opportunities include:
- Several of the individuals who live at Langton have jobs in the community at grocery stores, the shopping mall, and other locations.
- Approximately 30 individuals choose to work at the Langton Green Community Farm, on our Landscaping crew, Maintenance crew, or on our Cleaning crew.
- Some of the folks we support live at home with their families. They join us for daytime supports and programs.
- Currently, 12 of the individuals we serve are retirees. We offer activities based on their wishes. Our retirees thrive and enjoy making new friends, attending classes, events, and outings.
We employ approximately 300 staff and offer opportunities for training and advancement. We provide more than 100 hours of training for our staff. We offer hands-on, personal, customized care. Our dedicated and highly skilled staff make this possible.
Our residents and their families are able to afford our support programs and services through government funding for those with disabilities. Most of the individuals we serve receive full financial support through state and federal programs.